» Business Plan Competition
Business Plan Competition
The path out of poverty begins with bottom-up market based initiatives that conclude in the creation of stable wage earning employment. Our Business Plan Competition (BPC) is designed to facilitate the emergence and/or expansion of a class of entrepreneurs who can offer employment to others in their community. La Ceiba’s BPC targets aspiring entrepreneurs and established micro and small scale enterprise owners. Our BPC is a joint effort with local partners in El Progreso – including, business, academia, non-profit and government sectors.
The BPC unfolds in the following stages:
- Applicants submit prospective business ideas to our Loan Officer for admission into the competition.
- Applicants are sorted into “aspiring” and “established” entrepreneurial tracks.
- Local entrepreneurs, acting as mentors, will work closely with established entrepreneurs in reviewing their business ideas.
- Participants receive training and mentoring in their respective tract
- Established Entrepreneurs submit preliminary business plans.
- Established Entrepreneurs receive feedback from local partners acting as mentors.
- Following ten days of business development classes, final business plans from competitors are submitted to our panel of judges (composed of local partners only).
- Our panel of Judges will determine a winner and runner-up in each track.
- Grants are awarded to winning entrepreneurs.